High-calcium Cabbage Bread
1/2 c finely shredded red cabbage
1/2 c finely shredded green cabbage
1 ts lemon juice
1/2 c plain non-low-fat yogurt
1/4 c orange juice concentrate *
1/4 c canola oil
1/4 c powdered nonfat milk
1 c whole-wheat flour
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c toasted sesame seeds
2 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt (optional)
1/8 ts mace
1/8 ts ground ginger
* 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 tablespoon sugar can
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the cabbage in a small bowl and toss it with
3. In large measuring cup or medium bowl, combine the
yogurt, orange juice concentrate, oil, powdered milk and egg,
blending the ingredients well. Stir in the cabbage.
4. In large bowl, combine the flours, sesame seeds,
baking powder, baking soda, salt, mace and ginger, mixing them well.
5. Gradually add the cabbage mixture to the flour
mixture and mix the ingredients until they are just combined. Pour the
batter into a greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
6. Place the pan in hot oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tester
inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Turn the bread
out onto a rack to cool completely before slicing.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ