Didir Onion Rava Dosa
one cup semolina/rava
one cup maida
1/2 cup rice flour
4-5 green chillies finely chopped
3/4 inch ginger chopped fine
1 1/2 tspn jeera slightly crushed
(enough to bring out its flavor)
salt to taste
good pinch asafoetida
2-3 chopped onions
a bunch cashews
oil to make dosas
1. Mix rava, maida, rice flour together into a thick batter adding
little water at a time so no lumps are formed. Mixing by hand is a
good idea if you don't have a whisk or electric mixer. Add salt,
crushed cumin asafoetida and leave in a warm spot for six to seven
hours at least.
2. When ready to eat, spray a non-stick pan lightly with oil and warm.
3. Thin out the batter to the consistency where it can be drizzled
onto the pan with a spoon. Drop chopped green chillies and ginger into
4. Sprinkle some of the cut onions and cashews onto the pan and now
continuing on low-medium heat, drizzle the batter such that there is a
latice work effect. A lot of holes is just the thing. Dribble a bit
bit of oil around it and when the edges start turning brown coax it
off the pan with a flat, wide spatula and flip it over. Remove in a
few minutes and make more.
5. For the plain rava dosa leave out the onions.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support