Success with Green Tea
1-1/4 cups cold water
1 green tea bag
Bring fresh cold water to a boil then promptly remove from the stove. Allow
to cool for one minute, pour the hot water over the tea bag and steep for 2
minutes. Remove the tea bag promptly and stir. Optional: sweeten with honey
or a slice of orange.
Since green tea is cheap, easy to brew, non-toxic, and shown to have an array
of health benefits, why not include it in your daily diet?
Here are a few helpful tips:
* Drink freshly brewed tea since some research suggests that bottled or
instant teas may not contain the same if any concentration of polyphenols.
* One cup of green tea has no fat, calories, sodium or sugar and about
half the caffeine of coffee.
* Decaffeinated green tea still contains polyphenols.
* Although green-tea supplements are available; it is not known if they
offer the same health benefits as green tea.
* Let your tea cool before drinking. Drinking boiling hot tea may be an
increased risk for esophageal cancer.
* Use very hot, not boiling water, and only steep for 2-3 minutes.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support