Scallops in Habanero Sauce
16 large scallops
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1 bouquet garni, consisting of 1 bay leaf, 1 sprig fresh thyme, and 3
stalks of parsley
6 black peppercorns
Dry crushed habaneros to taste
4 tbsps hot water
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
3 tbsps fresh chopped parsley
Salt and pepper
1. Put the scallops into a large shallow pan together with the water,
wine, shallot, bouquet garni and peppercorns.
2. Cover the pan and bring the liquid almost to the boil. Remove the pan
from the heat and leave the scallops to poach in the hot liquid for 10 to
3. The scallops are cooked when they are just firm to the touch. Remove
them from the liquid and keep warm on a clean plate.
4. Strain the scallop cooking liquid in a small saucepan and bring to the
boil. Let the loquid boil rapidly until it is reduced by about half.
5. Mix the dry crushed habaneros with the hot water (4 tbsps) and add
this to the reduced cooking liquid. Add heavy cream and season to
taste. Bring the sauce back to just below boiling point.
7. Arrange the scallops on a serving plate and pour a little of the sauce
over them before serving.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support