All Ingredients should be prepared before you start cooking
this will save time
and make cooking the dish easier and
3 cups (750ml) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (5ml) salt
1 cup (250ml) vegetable shortening or lard
4 to 6 tablespoons (60 to 90ml) hot tap water
1/3 cup (80ml) sugar
1 1/2 cups (375ml) milk
1. Combine flour and 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) of salt in mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Mix in enough water to form a dough ball. Cut in half.
2. Roll out each half on lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch
(0.5cm) thick. Cut 12 circles from each half 3 inches (8cm) in
3. Fit pastry circles into greased muffin cups, pressing sides so
they reach rims.
4. Beat eggs. Stir in sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) salt.
Gradually blend in milk. Spoon about 2 tablespoons (30ml) egg
mixture into each pastry.
5. Bake in preheated 350F (180C) oven until knife inserted in
center of custards comes out clean. 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove tarts from pan. Cool on wire racks.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support