Ham and Chicken Rolls
All Ingredients should be prepared before you start cooking
this will save time and make cooking the dish easier and
2 Whole Chicken Breasts (skinned or skinless, Boneless
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Five Spice Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
4 Slices of Ham (about 1 ounce or 30 g each)
1 Egg Beaten
2 Tablespoons Milk (30 mL)
1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
4 springroll or egg roll wrappers
3 cups vegetable Oil (750 mL)
1. Cut breasts in half, Remove Bones if necessary, Pound breast
till very thin using a mallet or rolling pin.
2. Combine spices (Salt, Pepper, Five-Spice Powder, Garlic Powder)
sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon evenly over each flattened chicken breast.
3. Tightly roll up each ham piece and place in the center of each
chicken piece. Roll the chicken piece around the ham,tucking in
the ends of the chicken about it.
4. Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish. Coat each lightly with
flour then dip into the egg-milk mixture. Place each piece
diagonally into a spring roll wrapper. Roll it up securely
folding the ends. Brush the end corner with egg mixture and a
pinch to seal.
5. Heat oil in the wok over high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F
(190 C). Fry 3 to 4 rolls at a time in the hot oil until golden
and the chicken is completely cooked (about 5 minutes). Drain
on absorbent paper.
6. Cool slightly. and cut into 1-inch slices serve on a bed of
shredded lettuce or bock choy. (the green and gold looks very
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support