Muxi pork, Beijing-North China Style
1 oz(25g) wood ears, reconstituted
1 oz(25g) golden needles
3 1/2 oz (100g) lean boneless pork
1 tsp cornstarch (cornflour)
2 tsp soy sauce
5 oz (150ml) vegetable oil
1 tsp rice wine
1 tsp salt,or to taste
1 oz spinach, cut into 3 inch (7 cm) pieces
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp MSG
1. Wash the wood ears and drain. Soak the golden needles in water
for 5 minutes. Drain and cut crosswise into halves. Set aside.
2. Wash the ork an dcut it into slivers. Mix with the soy sauce,
ginger, and cornstarch, and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs and mix with 3/4 tsp salt. Scramble the eggs in
5 tbsp of the iol and set aside.
4. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a wok over high heat to very hot, add
the pork slivers and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, or until the meat
is partially. Cooked. Stir in the rice. Remoe rthe pork and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining l tbsp oil in the wok. Add the golden needles and
wood ears and stir-fry for 30 sedconds. Add the 1/4 tsp salt, MSG, and
spinach pieces.Stir-fry until the spinach leaves darken slightly. Add
the pork slivers and scrambled egg. Stir-fry another few seconds to
blend the ingredients. Sprinkle with the sesame oil,remove, serve.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support