All Ingredients should be prepared before you start cooking
this will save time and make cooking the dish easier and
12 fresh uncooked large shrimp
2 1/2 tablespoons (37ml) cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon (1ml) salt
3 slices sandwich bread
1 hard-cooked egg yolk
1 slice cooked ham (about 1 ounce or 30g)
1 green onion
2 cups (500ml) vegetable oil
1. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails intact. Remove back
veins from shrimp. Cut down back of shrimp with sharp knife.
Gently press shrimp with fingers to flatten.
2. Beat 1 egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a small bowl until
blended. Add shrimp to egg mixture and toss until shrimp are
3. Remove crusts from bread. Cut each slice into quarter. Place
one shrimp, cut side down, on each bread piece. Gently press
shrimp to adhere to bread. Brush or rub small amount of egg
mixture over each shrimp.
4. Cut egg yolk and ham into 1/2 inch (1.5cm) pieces. Finely chop
onion. Place one piece each of egg yolk and ham and a scant
1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) chopped onion on each shrimp.
5. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat until it reaches 375F (190C).
Fry 3 or 4 shrimp-bread pieces at a time in the hot oil until
golden, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Drain on absorbent paper.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support