Ginger Chicken (Phat Khing Gai)
1 cup fresh ginger root, julienned (approximately 8 oz. of root)
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. garlic, chopped
1 lb chicken cut into bite size pieces
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tbs. fish sauce
1 tbs. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1. Slice ginger root diagonally into julienne (matchstick) strips, about 1/8" wide
and 2 inches long.
1. On maximum setting, heat oil in wok, fry garlic until golden brown, then add
2. When chicken is cooked (5-8 minutes), stir in ginger.
3. Add sugar, fish sauce, and oyster sauce.
4. Continue frying for another 2 minutes, adding 1-3 tsp. of water if dry.
5. Sprinkle white pepper on top to garnish. Serve with rice.
Serves 4 people.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support