Stir-Fried Egg Noodles with Mushrooms (Bamii Jay)
6 oz dried small egg noodles
10 - 15 black mushrooms (dried or fresh)
4 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tsp. garlic, chopped
8 oz fresh firm tofu, cut into 1" cubes
2 tbs. light soy sauce
1 tbs. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper
2 cups of bean sprouts
2 cups garlic chives
1/4 cup water or stock, as needed
1/4 cup cilantro
1. Soak dry noodles in hot water for 20-30 minutes until soft, then rinse. (If
using fresh noodles, adjust quantity and boil for 5-6 minutes to cook).
2. When using dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 minutes. Squeeze
out excess water when mushrooms are softened.
1. On maximum setting, heat oil in wok and fry garlic until golden brown.
2. Add mushrooms, tofu, and eggs, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
3. Mix in light soy sauce, sugar, salt, white pepper, bean sprouts, and garlic
4. Move ingredients to one side of wok, allowing liquid to seep to bottom of
wok. If mixture is dry, add 1/4 cup water. Drop noodles into liquid and cook for
5. Fold gently until ingredients are completely mixed.
6. Serve garnished with cilantro.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support