Curried Catfish with Ginger
(Phat Phet Pla Duuk Tod Grob)
1 whole catfish (2 lb)
2 cups vegetable oil
2 tbs. garlic, finely chopped
1 tbs. red curry paste
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbs. fish sauce
1 tsp. oyster sauce
5 Thai eggplants, quartered
(or 1/2 cup American or Japanese eggplant, cubed)
1/2 cup fresh ginger, julienned
1 tsp. white peppercorns
1/2 cup fresh basil
1. Cross-section catfish into one-inch steaks.
2. Heat 2 cups of oil and deep-fry fish until it browns and becomes crispy. Clean
wok when oil cools.
3. Boil eggplant, drain, and set aside.
1. On maximum setting, heat 2 tbs. fresh oil in wok and fry garlic until golden
2. Add curry paste and stir-fry. Then add fish and continue frying for about 5
minutes, adding water as needed to keep fish moist.
3. Stir in sugar, fish sauce, and oyster sauce.
4. Add eggplants and ginger, and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
5. Mix in peppercorns and basil, stir, and remove from heat.
6. Serve with rice.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support