Red Curry with Ducks and Pineapple
(Gaeng Phet Pbet Yang)
1 cup Thai eggplants, quartered
3 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tbs. red curry paste
1/2 grilled Peking duck, cut into small pieces
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup basil leaves
1. Pour 3 cups boiling water over eggplant and let sit covered for 15 minutes, or
boil eggplant for 5 minutes.
2. On maximum setting, heat oil in wok and fry curry paste for 1 minute, stirring
3. Add duck pieces and stir.
4. Mix in sugar and fish sauce, and pour in coconut milk.
5. When coconut milk reaches a boil, reduce heat and add eggplant and pineapple.
6. Simmer, add cherry tomatoes and basil. Remove from heat.
7. Garnish with remaining cherry tomatoes or basil.
8. Serve with rice. This curry is also served over small rice noodles. The dish is
then called Kha Nhom Jeen Gang Phet Pbet Yang.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support