Green Curried Chicken (Gaeng Khiaw Wan Gai)
3 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. garlic, chopped
2 tbs. green curry paste
1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. sugar
3 tsp. fish sauce
11/2 cups coconut milk (1 can)
6 Thai eggplants, quartered (1 1/2 cups American or Japanese eggplant, chopped)
2 cups basil leaves
1 fresh cayenne peppers, sliced into long, thin pieces for garnish
1. On maximum setting, heat oil in wok and fry garlic and curry paste for 1
minute, stirring constantly.
2. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes before adding sugar and fish sauce.
3. When chicken is no longer pink, add coconut milk.
4. After coconut milk comes to a boil, turn down heat and add eggplant and sweet
basil. Set aside 1/2 cup of basil for use as a garnish.
5. Simmer approximately 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with sliced cayenne pepper and basil leaves (or use red bell pepper for
a milder dish).
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support