Stir-fried Greens with Crispy Pork
(Phat Kana Muu Grob)
4 cups vegetable oil
1 lb pork belly (this will be a very fatty cut of meat)
1 bunch collard greens
(or substitute leafy vegetables like Thai morning glory or spinach)
1 tsp. garlic, chopped
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbs. fish sauce
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. light soy sauce
2 tbs. fermented soy bean paste
6 Thai peppers, finely chopped (adjust to taste)
1. Heat 3 1/2 cups vegetable oil in wok.
2. Deep-fry pork whole over low heat, turning often.
3. Continue frying until pork becomes brown and crispy, about one hour. When
cool, cut crispy pork into bite size pieces and set aside for later.
4. Remove or peel collard green stems and cut leaves into 4" lengths.
1. On maximum setting, heat 4 tbs. of oil in wok and fry garlic until golden
2. Stir in crispy pork pieces and cook until hot.
3. Add sugar, fish sauce, white pepper, and light soy sauce.
4. Mix in collard greens and stir-fry until cooked down. Add fermented soy bean
paste and Thai peppers while stirring.
5. Serve with rice.
Serves 4 people.
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support