Seafood Red Curry
(Gaeng Phet Ruam Mit Ta Le)
1 cup cooked clam meat (1 lb. fresh clams, or 8 oz. canned or frozen clams)
10 black mushrooms (fresh or dried)
2 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tbs. red curry paste
4 paws of crab, cracked (or half a crab, cracked)
1/4 lb. medium prawns, cleaned and de-veined
2 tbs. fish sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 lb. white sea bass, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup sweet basil leaves
1 cayenne pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
1. Soak and scrub clams with water to remove sand.
2. When using fresh clams, pre-cook in 3 quarts of boiling water. Boil clams
until clams open, but do not overcook.
3. Remove from water, and extract clam meat from shells.
4. When using dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 minutes. Squeeze
out excess water when mushrooms are softened.
1. On maximum setting, heat oil in wok and fry curry paste for 1 minute.
2. Stir-fry crab "paws" with curry paste for another 3 minutes. If crab is not
precooked, cook approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add prawns and fry until color changes. Do not overcook, or prawns will
4. Mix in fish sauce and sugar.
5. Pour in coconut milk, bring to a boil, then add clams, sea bass, and
6. When mixture returns to a boil, turn down heat and simmer 10 minutes.
7. Add half of the basil leaves during last minute of cooking.
8. Garnish with cayenne pepper and remaining basil (or red bell pepper, if you
Print This Recipe
For All Of Your Netscape Support, Netscape Updates and Netscape News, Visit:
The Netscape UFAQ
Netscape Browser Support